Sunday, December 7, 2008

Last minute prep

Okay. This is it. Tomorow morning I have my surgery. I have been on soft foods then liquids and then clear liquids for the last ten days and you'd think my colon would be clean, right? I guess someone does not think so because I had to do some kind of colon cleanse this evening. Yuck! I do not think there is anything in there to work on but my system is in distress. I feel a little nauseous but nothing worse ... yet. It has only been an hour since I drank the stuff.

This past week I went to another support group meeting and we learned that the bariatric coordinator is moving on to another job. I feel a bit nervouse since I was counting on her for questions I had in the future. She has been through this and you can tell she has been very involved in the process for all the others that attend these meetings. I guess I will find another support buddy. I am happy for her new opportunity.

I have lost 16 lbs since I first decided to pursue this step. The first thing I did was stop drinking carbonated drinks. You can't have them after gastric and I knew that would be my biggest challenge since I am addicted to Dr. Pepper. In two months I cheated four times so I think that is pretty good.

My daughter will be with me in the morning so I am grateful she is close by. My parents will come later this week.

Gotta run ..... LOL

2 comments:

Chrissie a.k.a. HoneyB said...

Oh I love Dr. Pepper and Pepsi this would be hard for me.
Wow you lost 16lbs in that time. Maybe I just need to try that diet.
Did you just eat the stuff you said before in the first entry?
I'm sorry you were loosing the lady. I know you would have liked to had her around with your questions.
Take care, Chrissie

Donna - DBP said...

From the beggining of October to Thanksgiving the only thing I did differently was cut out all carbonated drinks. That was my biggest concern since I am such a DP addict. Starting the day after Thanksgiving I had four days of pureed food, then three days of full liquids and then three days of clear liquids. With my normal sized stomach this was tough but doable. I had plenty to keep me full but probably not the best balanced "meals."