Sunday, March 8, 2009

Getting the hang of things


It has been three months ago today that I had my surgery and it has taken this long for me to get into a groove of what to eat, when to eat and how to eat. This past week has been a good one. I only got nauseous and experienced "dumping" one time and that was because I drank right after I ate solid food. You are supposed to wait 30 minutes but sometimes I think I can do my own thing. That is when I pay the price.


I have now lost 57 lbs so I am pleased with those results. I keep pulling clothes out of the closet that were too tight before only to find they are now too big. I have a beautiful turquoise and brown pants suit I loved and only wore a handful of times before it became too tight. It was probably the last pair of pants I bought that had a zipper and that was two years ago. I just knew I was going to be able to enjoy it this spring but no such luck. I looked like a cartoon when I put it on. I am going to try and find someone to do alterations because it kills me that I spent so much on that outfit and it is a loss right now. I bought it for the baby shower they had for my daughter back in 2007 and I was horrified when I saw the pictures. I thought I looked good but I actually resembled a barrel.


At least I'm headed in the right direction now.

3 comments:

Missie said...

I'm glad things are going well for you!

betty said...

great progress! congrats!!! don't know if they have one near you, but Dress for Success (providing professional clothes for low income women entering the job field again) always needed large size clothes when I volunteered for them in Montana; good way maybe to clean your closet of those clothes you don't fit into anymore

so glad you are getting the hang of what to eat and when, etc

betty

Missie said...

I changed the name of my blog. I took my name out of the title. I didn't want anyone to be able to find me so easily by just typing in my name.

New name is: A middle aged mom's upside down world.

New address is: http://amiddleagedmomsupsidedownworld.blogspot.com

If you're a follower you should get updates as you're all still listed, but to be on the safe side, you could delete and re-add yourself if you just have me in your favorites and follow that way, you'll need to add my new address and delete the old.

Missie